Maryland HOT AIR BALLOON PILOT CERTIFICATION
Become a Certified Maryland Hot Air Balloon Pilot!
For COMPLIMENTARY details, call us at
A Maryland hot air balloon flight can be liberating; it may even lead you down a new path in life. One that will bring you peace and relaxation floating through the skies! Our Maryland private pilot certification course allows you to learn the skill of flying a hot air balloon so you can fly at your convenience. For individuals who may not be looking for anything more from their pilot certification than to have the liberty to fly whenever you wish, a private pilot's license will definitely be ideal.
Why hold back, take lessons to become certified to fly a hot air balloon and soar through the skies over Maryland! 1-800-611-1298
The training will put you to the test, but you will have tons of fun throughout the adventure!
A Licensed Pilot in Maryland has completed ground school and flight training with a Certified Hot Air Balloon Commercial Pilot. This process consists of:
- Passing a Federal Aviation written examination:
- A few of the topics you'll find on the flight theory exam consist of:
- Weather forecasting: The study of climate patterns and how they will influence your air travel.
- Statics: Maneuvering techniques with gas and hot air balloons.
- Airmanship: Proper airmanship in every aspect of the flight system.
- Navigation: Use of mapping charts.
- Flight Rules and Procedures: FAA Regulations covering pilot privileges, limitations, and flight procedures.
- Aviators Code of Conduct
Ballooning Student Pilots in Maryland
Prior to this certification, you will be required to possess your student pilot Certification
Student Ballooning Pilot Certificates in Maryland may be issued by FAA inspectors or assigned pilot examiners.
Student pilots must be at least 14 years of age.
Certify that you are medically able to fly a hot air balloon.
Verify you have an accurate comprehension of managing and navigating the balloon during liftoff and grounding, show understanding of pre-flight arrangements and know emergency safety practices.
Learner pilots may not carry passengers.
Maryland Private Pilot Certification
- You must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for a Maryland Private Pilot's Certificate.
- No medical certificate is required, but you must certify that you do not have any known medical defects that would prevent you from piloting a balloon.
- You must pass a written test that will cover:
- FAA Regulations covering pilot privileges, limitations, and flight procedures.
- Use of navigation charts.
- Weather conditions & reports as they relate to ballooning.
- Operating procedures with gas and hot air balloons.
- Flight Rules and Procedures
- Code of Conduct
- Must have at least 10 hours of flight experience, of which 6 must have been under the supervision of an instructor. Flights must have included:
- Tow flights of at least 30 minutes
- One ascent to 3000 feet above takeoff point
- One solo flight
Commercial Pilot Certification in Maryland
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- No medical certificate required, but you must certify that you do not have any known medical defects that would prevent you from piloting a balloon.
- You must pass a comprehensive written exam that encompasses all the material required for a Private Pilot Certificate in Maryland, and additional operating procedures relating to commercial operations and requirements for flight instructors.
- Training for all procedures required for a Maryland Private Certification must be received from an authorized instructor, plus emergency recovery from a terminal velocity descent.
Required 35 hours of flight time for a Maryland commercial certificate must include:
- At least 35 hours of flight time as a pilot.
- 20 hours of flight time in balloons.
- 6 hours of flight time under the supervision of an instructor.
- 2 solo flights.
- 2 flights of at least one hour duration.
- 1 flight to 5000 feet above the take off point.
Give us a call right now and get started! 1-800-611-1298